Mathematics plays a major role in a child’s development and in our Interactive Adventure Program, it is everywhere! Teaching numeracy through the arts is the perfect way to introduce children to the foundations of applying mathematic concepts in all areas of life.
We need numeracy and math skills to do everyday things like;
- Solve Problems
- Make Sense of information
- Recognise Patterns
- Make Choices
Here are some of our fun Numeracy activities that the children enjoy in our program;
- Measuring the different lengths of rope for the treehouse ladder,
- Filling the egg carton to take to the farmer’s market,
- Singing about the Australian animals drinking by the creek,
- Learning the rhythm on the beach buckets in Hawaii,
- Fixing the broken eggs
- Finding our way to Uluru on the grid map
- Identifying the different shells on the beach
- Counting the Autumn leaves the Igsy Bigsy spider is hiding under
- Helping the racing koalas to climb the trees
- Searching for the letter X and treasure
- Making a rainbow
- Sorting the animals into their paddocks
- Designing a floor pattern for the treehouse
- Sharing the bananas with our friends
Tag @cheekymonkeyclub and send us a message with a photo or video of them in action.
Where fun learning never stops!